Last Update: May 13th, 2016
There are 7 BILLION People on the Planet!
Before we get into stats, I think it is important to understand that there is a BIG difference between a million and a billion.
A million seconds equals 12 days.
A billion seconds equals 31 years.
Wow! BIG DIFFERENCE!
Something historic recently happened!
1/2 of the planet has access to the Internet.
AND out of the 1/2 of the planet now having access to the web, there are 2.206 billion active social media users across all of social media.
12 new mobile social users are added every second, which equates to 1 million every single day!
Awesome & Interesting Stats!
- Instant messaging and chat apps account for 3 out of the 5 global social platforms.
- 35% of 16-24 year olds use social media for product research.
US Breakdown of Social Media User by AGE
ages 18-24 >> 28.3 million
ages 25-34 >> 35.3 million (the largest social media demo)
ages 35 – 44 >> 29.7 million
ages 45-54 >> 26.4 million
ages 55-64 >> 19.7 million
ages 65+ >> 14.6 million (had the largest increase in social media users)
- Snapchat generates 10 BILLION video views each day. [Tweet this] This is up from 8 BILLION 3 months ago.
- There are 1.366 billion users. 1.01 billion log in every day.
- If Facebook was a country, it would be the third largest country in the world!
- There are 486,183 users per minute accessing Facebook with their phone.
- 4.5 billion likes are generated each day.
- 83% of users access through their phone.
- Direct uploads of user videos to Facebook now exceed YouTube.
- 80% of the World’s Leaders are on Twitter.
- 500 million tweets a day.
- Handles 32 billion search queries per month: more than Bing & Yahoo combined.
- 16% of people rely on Twitter & Facebook for their NEWS.
- 300 million active monthly users.
- Engagement is 15x greater than Facebook.
- 75% of users are International (non US)
- 90% of users are under 35.
- In the US, there are more Instagram users on tablets than smartphones.
- 70 million photos and videos are uploaded daily.
- Woman are four times more likely to use Pinterest than men.
- Pinterest is projected to account for 40% of all social media purchases.
- Periscope has 2 million daily users.
- 350,000 hours of video content is streamed every day on Periscope.
Which stat blew your mind the most? Would love to hear your thoughts in the comments!
~J-E🚀 [Tweet these stats!]